TCS HackQuest – Season 8 is a National level Hackathon for final year students (2024 batch). In this backdrop, TCS Cyber Security Unit is looking for students and enthusiasts who have a passion for ethical hacking and in general securing the digital future of organizations engaged in transacting millions of data points across the world! Latest TCS HackQuest Notification, detailed eligibility, Selection Process and apply/ registration link is mentioned below:
Eligibility for TCS HackQuest Season 8
- The contest is open for 2024 batch of B.Tech / M.Tech / BCA / MCA / BSc / MSc from all disciplines and all the relevant institutes in India.
- Any number of students can register for the contest. Participants should be above 18 years of age and would have completed their graduation in the Academic year of 2024 only.
Students from all IT & Computer Science related disciplines with bachelor’s or master’s degree are eligible for the contest provided that they meet the TCS recruitment criteria. Candidates trained in Security domains as listed below would be given more preference:
- Application Security
- Network Security
- Java/J2EE, php, python. GO
- Information security and risk management
- Ethical Hacking
- Any Security specific certification like Security+, CEH, ISO 27001, etc.
Phases and Rounds for TCS HackQuest
- This will be an online test, where the candidates would be required to log on to an online application with a set of challenges / questions to test their skills on ethical hacking and their specific competency in security challenges. The URL of the application will be shared before the contest.
- The contest is of 6 hours long in which all the participants are required to use their skills to solve the challenges and submit the Flags captured in the online portal.
- Post to completion of solving a challenge, participants need to capture a screenshot of the Flag with timestamp visible and prepare a detailed report in the template provided with a step-by-step approach for solving a particular challenge.
Round 1 Date: 27th January 2024, Saturday (from 10 AM to 4 PM IST)
- Candidates selected from Round 1, based on above-mentioned evaluation criteria will be invited for a remotely conducted additional round, which will be communicated to shortlisted candidates later.
- Activity 1: Penetration testing on hosted challenges
- This would be an individual activity. The candidates would be provided with some challenges, which each participant is expected to solve by using their advanced skills. Challenges in this round cover below mentioned topics:
- System exploitation
- Penetration testing of web Applications
- Mobile security
- Digital forensics
- Incident Response
- Source Code Analysis Scoring will be based on the flags captured by the participants in above mentioned topics.
- Activity 2: HR & MR Interviews (3-4 hours) – Remotely
- Day 2:
- Grand Finale Ceremony (1-2 hours) – The event will be conducted virtually (Physically – to be confirmed).
Join TNP Officer For Regular Job Updates
- The Participant hereby agrees and undertakes that mere announcement/declaration of being announced as a winner shall not entitle him/her to the prize/award/reward. Only upon complying with the Rules and fulfilling all conditions mentioned herein, to the satisfaction of TCS, shall the winning be validated.
- The top 10 Participants from Round 2 will be invited to attend the award ceremony and interact with TCS leadership.
- The top performing Participants who clear Round 2 may stand a chance to receive ‘Ninja or Digital’ provisional job offers subject to interview process and other selection criteria as per TCS’ sole discretion and policies in effect.
- Total prizes worth up to INR 5 Lakhs are given to the top-performing participants.
- Certification of merit will be awarded to all top performing Participants.
- Exceptional performers will be given a chance to work with the TCS Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence.
Important Dates TCS HackQuest- Season 8
|Registration Start Date
|1st December 2023
|Registration End Date
|27th January 2024
How to apply for TCS HackQuest- Season 8
Registration for TCS HackQuest:
- Students can participate in this contest after registering in TCS’ NextStep Portal – TCS NextStep to generate a CT/DT ID in the IT Segment (Not BPS). Remember: (CT)/ Direct Trainee (DT) Reference Number is mandatory for participating in the contest.
- Each participant who has registered to participate in Hackquest will be receiving a unique credential to take part in the contest. This credential is of utmost importance and should not be shared with other participants.
|About TCS HackQuest
|(CT)/ Direct Trainee (DT) Reference Number (Mandatory)
|TCS Off Campus Drive
FAQ- TCS HackQuest Season 8
When will TCS HackQuest Season 8 registration start?
The registration will start on 1st December 2023
Last date of TCS HackQuest Season 8 Registration?
The registration ends on 27th January 2024
Is it mandatory to register on TCS NextStep?
Yes, (CT)/ Direct Trainee (DT) Reference Number is mandatory for participating in the contest.