Zeta hacks 3.0 2021 is an opportunity for all the tech enthusiasts to showcase their it prowess and take home big prizes.
Overview of Zeta hacks 3.0 2021
Once a team of 2 people in 2015, Zeta became a unicorn in May 2021 after it secured a $250 million investment from SoftBank, increasing its valuation to $1.45 Billion. Now an organization of over 1,000 people, with a presence in 9 countries and a customer base in 35 countries, we still remember our humble beginnings.
All Unicorns were at some point an open-source project with developers from across the world driving innovation. With Zeta hacks 3.0, we are looking to fan the flames of innovation and help you create your fintech revolution!
Intellectual property rights
The IP rights and ownership of IP associated with products remain with the developers. However, all code needs to be available in a public domain (open source) so that it can be evaluated by all the judges.
Theme for Zeta hacks 3.0
New innovations in FinTech are allowing financial institutions to serve customers in novel and unexpected ways. This industry has already experienced many changes and disruptions caused by FinTechs. Technologies such as mobile banking, mobile payment, and biometrics have changed how many consumers interact with their banks and financial institutions every day. These digital fintech enhancements are creating more positive consumer experiences. Even the established banks are seeking to partner with FinTech startups to reinvent their business models to experiment with automation, predictive analytics, new delivery platforms, digital-only banking, blockchain and more to provide higher quality services at lower price points.
If you can build new and innovative financial solutions, while building a cyber fort knox, then Fintech needs you. Let’s utilise the cutting-edge technologies to make positive and meaningful impacts on the relationship between consumers and financial institutions. You need to design and build unique solutions and products for the hackathon for the Fintech Industry.
- Family budget calculator: To provide a mechanism for a family to share the account amongst all members and set up transaction limits.
- Employee and payroll management: Setup a corporation and provide a salary disbursement mechanism for all of their employees.
- Split the bill: allowing friends to pool the funds and spend.
- Secured payment: How can you design payment flows to improve payments UX to reduce fraud and make customers more aware and secure?
- Money lending, trading, money/risk management, wearable opportunities in Fintech, gamifying the payment app, building banking applications for children, or any other idea that excites you!
Rules for Zeta hacks 3.0
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have 2 to 5 members in your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start at Jul 12, 2021 09:00 PM IST and end at Aug 13, 2021 11:55 PM IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There is 1 theme of the hackathon, you must submit a hack that is on the theme.
- Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs only to your team.
Time Lines for Zeta hacks 3.0
Phase: 1- Prototype Submission phase: 13th July- 13th August 2021
AMA Session for top 50 teams: 25th August 2021
API- Integration stages: 26th August 2021
Finale for top 15 teams: 27th August 2021
Prizes for Winners of Zeta hacks 3.0
1st Position: INR 1,00,000
2nd Position: INR 50,000
People’s choice award
Merchandise and Goodies
Exclusive merchandise and goodies from Zeta & PPI opportunities for the top teams from Zeta.
Zeta provides a full-stack, cloud-native, API-first neo-banking platform including a digital core and a payment engine for issuance of credit, debit, and prepaid products. Zeta enables legacy banks and new-age fintech institutions to launch modern retail and corporate fintech products.
Zeta’s platform and products are currently used by BFSI issuers in India, Asia, and LATAM. Zeta’s products are used by banks such as RBL Bank, IDFC First Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank, 14000 corporates and over 2 million users. Zeta is a SOC 2, ISO 27001, ISO 9001:2008, PCI DSS certified company.
FAQ of Zeta hacks 3.0
- Do I need to pay any money to register for the Zeta Hackathon?
No. You do not have to pay anything to anyone to register yourself for any Hackathon on HackerEarth.
- Do I need to have any specific qualifications to be a participant for the Hackathon?
If you love to code, you are more than welcome to participate in the Hackathon.
- How do I submit what I have made for the Hackathon?
You have to develop the application on your local system and submit it on HackerEarth in tar/zip file format along with instructions to run the application and source code.
- Do we need to have the entire idea fully working?
The entire idea need not be fully implemented however, the submission should be functional so that it can be reviewed by the judges.
- How is the environment? Will your environment support any language? Will you provide any IDE and DB for us to work on ideas?
You have to develop the entire software application on your local system and submit it on HackerEarth in tar/zip file format along with instructions to run the application and source code.
- Does one have to be online and available for the entire duration of the Hackathon?
No, one does not need to be logged in on HackerEarth or be online for the entire duration. You can develop the application on your local system based on the given themes and then submit it on HackerEarth, on the specific challenge page.
- Since there is no specific technology mentioned, are there any restrictions on using number of pre-built libraries?
There is no restriction to use any language, technology stack, or libraries. You can use any of them to create the web/mobile application.
- Do I need to give a demo for the product that I have built?
If you want you can submit a small presentation or video that demos your submission, however it’s not mandatory, and only good to have. In case you are one of the winners, you might be invited to demo your application at a physical event, details of which will be shared with sufficient advance notice.
- A fully developed application need to have a solid backend for data storage like SQL, SharePoint etc. since its online, is it accepted to show only the proto type of it?
Yes it’s absolutely fine to submit just the prototype. If you use any database like MySQL or PostgresSQL you can also submit a database dump along with your submission. However you are allowed to submit just the prototype.
- If it is a team submission, does that mean all team members will have access to work at the same time?
Yes, all team members can login from their account and do application submission on HackerEarth.
- Who will own the IP(Intellectual Property) Rights to the product that I have built?
The developer/developers of the web/mobile application will have all rights and own the IP of the product. However, all code needs to be in public domain (open source) so that it can be evaluated by the judges.
How to apply for Zeta hacks 3.0 2021 ?
Click here to apply
Latest Job updates
|Join our Telegram Channel||Click here|
|Follow us on Instagram||Click here|
|Follow us on LinkedIN||Click here|
|Follow us on FACEBOOK||Click here|